Cathy Clark and her husband Kevin have made Keizer, Oregon, their home for over twenty-five years. Kevin and Cathy chose the city of Keizer because of the community atmosphere, strong volunteer ethic, and family oriented activities.
Cathy is originally from Los Angeles, California. She graduated from Palos Verdes High School and attended college at University of California at Davis. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science with a double major of Biology and Wildlife Biology. At Kansas State University, she earned a Master of Science degree in Biology. Upon graduation, she and her dog, Heidi, moved to Corvallis for a job at Oregon State University. For 20 years, she was a home educator and ran her own business as a math and science tutor. Since 2013, she has been employed at the state.
Kevin is a career firefighter/paramedic. He is currently the Chief of West Valley Fire District. Previously he was a Battalion Chief at Marion County Fire District #1, where he worked for over 30 years. Three of their children are working as professionals in their fields and one is a college student.
Cathy has been an active volunteer in the community, starting when the children were young with teaching Sunday school and serving on the Keizer Indoor Park board. She became involved in city government in the late 1990’s through the Back Yard Burn Committee and Community Policing. In 2002, she was appointed to the Budget Committee. In 2006, she was elected to City Council Position #4 and re-elected in 2010. In 2014, she was elected Mayor and took office in January 2015. Through her work on the Council, she strives to reflect our community values of strong connections with each other and working together to create a quality standard of living for all members of our community.
Contact Cathy by clicking 'Email' above or on Facebook at Mayor Cathy Clark.
Current Committee Assignments
- Keizer Economic Development Commission
- Personnel Policy Committee
- MWACT (Mid-Willamette Area Commission on Transportation) - Vice-Chair since 2008
- SKATS (Salem Keizer Area Transportation Study), Chair since 2012
- OMPOC (Oregon Municipal Planning Organization Consortium) SKATS representative; vice-chair since 2012.
- Salem River Crossing EIS - Oversight Team, 2007 to present
- Keizer Chamber of Commerce council liaison to EDGA
- Keizer Heritage Foundation Board council liaison
- Mid-Willamette Valley Community Development Partnership Board
- Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments Board of Directors
- SEDCOR Board of Directors
- League of Oregon Cities, Transportation Policy Committee
- League of Oregon Cities, Community Development Policy Committee
- Executive Support, Oregon Education Investment Board: 2013 to present
- Math & Science Tutor: 2000 – present
- Legislative Committee Assistant, Oregon State Legislature: 2013
- Customer service: pool & spa company 2006 – 2007
- Home school educator: 1991 – 2011
- Oregon State University, Research Assistant: School of Veterinary Medicine 1981 – 1985, Zoology Department 1986.
- Kansas State University, Division of Biological Sciences, Research Assistant: 1980 – 1981.
Prior Government Experience and Council Assignments:
- Council President 2011-2012; Wallace House Bicentennial; Keizer 23 TV Advisory Committee, Iris Festival Council city liaison, KFEST, Audit Committee
- Task Forces: Transportation System Plan Task Force, vice-chair; Events and Festivals Task Force, chair; Amphitheater Task Force, chair; Summer Concert Series Task Force, chair; Committee Review Task Force; Economic Opportunities Analysis Task Force; Chemawa Interchange Area Management Plan stakeholders committee; Salem Keizer Transit Community Leaders
- Prior city experience: Volunteer Coordinating Committee, Audit Committee, Keizer 23 TV Task Force, EVAK (Emergency Volunteers Assisting Keizer)
Making Keizer Better Foundation 2009 – present
Friends of the Keizer Community Library 2009 to present
Countryside Community Church worship team, Iris Festival, Palma Ciea Swim Club treasurer, CCTV Board of Directors, Keizer Soccer Club treasurer, Home School information contact, Dayspring Fellowship preschool teacher, Kids Voting Oregon, League of Women Voters (president 1995 – 1996)