To review and advise the Council on all matters related to the audit. Among these will be:
- Assuring itself that the auditor selected is both independent and competent.
- Meeting with the chosen auditor in advance of the audit to recommend the proper scope of the audit.
- Examine the control weaknesses discovered during the audit and reported in the audit findings and in the auditor’s management letter.
- Satisfy itself that management has taken the appropriate actions to correct any deficiencies discovered during the audit.
- Accept other financially related assignments as given by the Council.
Membership: Three members of the Council and two citizens.
Terms: Two years coincidental with the Councilors’ term of office.
Chair: Appointed by the Mayor to serve a two year appointment.
Term of The Committee: Until dissolved by Council.