West Keizer Neighborhood Association
Click here for a map
For the most recent information on the West Keizer Neighborhood Association please go to their website at
The West Keizer Neighborhood Association is a Neighborhood Association recognized by the City of Keizer and serves the people of West Keizer. Its boundaries extend north to Chemawa Road, east to River Road, south to the Keizer/Salem city limits and west to the Willamette River. The association includes 3100 households.
Cummings Elementary School serves the neighborhood. McNary High School is located on the neighborhood’s northern boundary just north of Chemawa Road.
The neighborhood boasts five parks including one large regional park. Three of the smaller parks: Wallace House Park, Sunset Park and Palma Ceia Park are on the river with views and walking access. Wallace House Park and Willamette Manor Park (which borders the Holiday Swim Club) have newer play structures. The regional park, Keizer Rapids Park, on the northern boundary of the neighborhood has river access and the following amenities:
- 5 acre off-leash dog park divided for large and small dogs Amphitheater for summer concerts
- Single lane boat ramp and dock
- Walking / bike paths along the river and through forested areas Disc Golf course
- Destination playground (to be constructed through volunteer efforts of the community in September 2014)
River Road Park is located at the southern border of West Keizer. It is in the City of Salem and has tennis and basketball courts, a play structure with open play areas, a splash fountain and a covered picnic area.
There are 3 community churches of various denominations within the boundaries of West Keizer Neighborhood Association. One church has a community garden on their grounds and they share its bounty with the local food bank.
The 132 mile Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway passes through the West Keizer neighborhood.
River Road on West Keizer’s eastern boundary has a variety of local businesses and is the route for Keizer's Iris Festival and Holiday Lights Parade.
Public transportation is available along River Road with direct access to downtown Salem, the State Capital and State Government buildings. Easy access to Interstate 5 makes the Keizer an ideal location for Portland area commuters.
Health care is provided by many local medical clinics and Salem Hospital is only 5 miles away.
Please visit our website at www.westkeizerna.org to learn more about us.
West Keizer Neighborhood Association Mission Statement
The West Keizer Neighborhood Association is a neighborhood association recognized by the City of Keizer that serves the people of West Keizer. Its boundaries extend north to Chemawa Road, east to River Road, south to the Keizer city limits, and west to the Willamette River. Its mission is to:
- Promote programs, services, and activities aimed at encouraging connections among neighbors in the community.
- Foster civic involvement and civic education by providing timely information about community and civic issues, by facilitating the discussion of these issues, and by helping members become more informed and responsible citizens.
- Solicit input from members and stakeholders about issues that affect them.
- Support neighborhood-friendly development practices.
- Protect public spaces and historical assets.
- Address public safety and public nuisance concerns of members.
- Act as a vehicle to communicate the concerns of members and advocate for their best interests to the Keizer City Council, to City staff, and to other government agencies; and
- Work to improve the quality of life for those who live, work, and play in West Keizer.