Claggett Creek Park

Address:
1400 block Dearborn & Chemawa Road NE
Keizer, OR 97307
Categories:

Claggett Creek Park was purchased from the Hardman family in 1963 and conveyed to the City of Keizer as Claggett Creek Park in 1983. Grandfather of Senator McNary, Charles Claggett was born in Kentucky in 1813 and relocated to what is now Keizer in 1852 on 320 acres of land where he burned and sold charcoal and raised stock and grain. For many years he lived in a 16 x 16 foot cabin without a floor, stove or fireplace. Considered one of the honored pioneer settlers, Charles Claggett died in 1902.

400 block Dearborn & Chemawa Road NE

  • Approximately 60 parking spaces, one lot at each end of the park
  • Portable restrooms, 2 all year
  • 1 Full-sized soccer field - (reservations call 503-856-3436)
  • 2 Youth-sized ball diamonds
  • 10 Picnic tables
  • 5 Barbeques grills
  • 2 Horseshoe pits
  • 2 Basketball hoops
  • Drinking fountain
  • Playground equipment
  • Bike Rack
  • Dog Station
  • Covered area (reservations call 503-856-3436)