The Bair family were early settlers in the Clear Lake community. John Calvin Bair, a Civil War veteran, and Edna Hollingsworth Bair, purchased 160 acres from the holder of a land claim in 1882 for $1,120. It was on their property that the school and church, which were the heart of the community, were built. Many of John and Edna's children and their descendants continued to live in this loving community, several on Bair Road. Neighbors became like family and the children spent joyous hours playing in this wooded area. As housing developments increased in the area, it was the heartfelt wish of the descendants of John and Edna Bair that Bair Park, left in its natural state, would remain an area of tranquility for the many new neighbors.
1100 block of Bair Road NE