Purpose: To act in an advisory capacity to the Keizer City Council and to advise on action for community engagement by:
- Listening to understand. Keizer wants to let everyone know we are all included when we talk about the Keizer community and are important for our community to thrive holistically,
- Using what is heard to create recommendations for action plan(s) for increasing community engagement and communication on progress in civic processes,
- Acting on the values included in the Resolution for Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
Tasks: To assist in developing action recommendations for community engagement in civic processes in the following areas:
- Collaboration with Council, other city committees, commissions and neighborhood associations to increase active participation and recommend culturally responsive actions,
- Collaboration with other organizations (historical/cultural/arts, business organizations, faith community, community based organizations, education, and additional sectors not usually included),
- Collaborating in community opportunities to have conversation, celebration, relationship building,
- Recommending additions or subtractions of national observances/ commemorative /heritage months,
- Help develop metrics and yearly report on tasks identified and the data needed to better understand culturally responsive provision of services and public participation,
- Assist in identifying leaders and build leadership capacity of under-represented and underserved communities.