The City of Keizer is soliciting applications for volunteers to be considered to serve on the following committees:
- Public Art Commission – This Commission reviews, evaluates, selects, maintains, and documents all artwork, public art, and public murals within the city. The Commission may advise the City Council and City Manager on the management, execution, installation, or placement of the artwork, public art and public murals and will recommend guidelines for adoption by the City Council for the selection and placement of the artwork giving preference to Oregon artists. The Commission meets on the third Tuesday of every other month starting in January at 6:00 p.m. (Two Vacancies)
- Points of Interest Committee - This Committee was established to identify, authenticate, and memorialize sites of interest located in the Keizer area. Sites to be identified may be of the historical, geographical, botanical, or unusual. The Committee meets on the fourth Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. (One Vacancy)
- Parks Advisory Board - This Board reviews and studies issues that involve development and maintenance of city parks and makes recommendations to the Council. The Board meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. (Two Vacancies)
- Traffic/Bikeways/Pedestrian Committee - This committee is responsible for reviewing traffic safety issues in Keizer and making recommendations to the City Council for improvements. Members also make recommendations for future locations of bike lanes in the City and work to promote bicycle safety and use throughout the community. In addition to the monthly Committee meeting, there may be other events which require extra volunteer hours. The committee meets on the second Thursday of each month at 6 pm. (One Vacancy)
- Youth Committee Liaison – Opportunities are currently available to high school students for service on various city committees. Please check the city website Volunteer Information>Youth Volunteer for more information and to apply.
Anyone interested in applying for a position can pick up an application at Keizer City Hall at 930 Chemawa Road NE, access an electronic version by clicking here, or call/email Deputy City Recorder Debbie Lockhart at 503-856-3418 / email@example.com . Applications/Nominations received by Wednesday, November 7 will be considered at the November 15 Volunteer Coordinating Committee meeting.
The City of Keizer is committed to a culturally diverse work place. ADA/EOE
“We’re Building a Better Community - Together”