City Manager Updates
Please see the weekly update below. Let me know if you have any questions and have a great weekend.
- The Budget Committee approved the City Manager’s recommended budget for Fiscal Year 2021-22 on Thursday night. The next step will be formal adoption at the first City Council meeting in June.
- Marion County is moving back to the COVID-19 high risk category today after only a week at extreme risk.
- The recruitment for an interim City Manager is open and accepting applications until May 17, 2021 at 5:00PM. The Mid-Willamette Valley Council of Governments has partnered with the City to assist with the recruitment process. The interim City Manager will be with the City for 6-12 months and assist with the nationwide recruitment of a regular status City Manager.
- Veteran Keizer Police Officer Retires
- Lt. Trump was hired by the Keizer Police Department on January 3, 1993, and retired on May 1, 2021. Before being hired by the Keizer Police Department, Lt. Trump was a reserve officer with the Portland Police Bureau. Lt. Trump served in many capacities; field training officer, department trainer and training coordinator, traffic team member, detective, patrol sergeant, Community Response Unit sergeant, detective sergeant, and lieutenant.
Public Works Department:
Marion County has received notification that the President has approved the Major Disaster Declaration request for Benton, Clackamas, Linn, Marion, Polk, and Yamhill counties and the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde following the ice storm this past February.
Past updates are listed below: