Click HERE for help in forming or "jumpstarting" your neighborhood association.
Click HERE to view the Neighborhood Task Force recommendation to Council dated September 9, 2006.
**Maps show approximate boundaries only**
Greater Gubser Neighborhood Association
Where: Gubser Elementary School
When: 7:00 - Third Thursday of every month
Click here for a mapBoundaries extend from River Road on the west through the Keizer Station to the east, and from Chemawa/Lockhaven on the south to the Labish Ditch on the north. The area encompasses about 1,150 homes
Board Members/Organization ChartEvery year at our November meeting, the Greater Gubser Neighborhood Association holds an election for the following year's board members. Our board has 8 positions, and so far there are 5 neighbors who have expressed interest in serving next year. This leaves possible vacancies that you can help fill.
What value is there in serving as a board member? Most importantly, it is one of many ways to give back to the community, and particularly our neighborhood. In addition, being a board member is a great opportunity to develop leadership skills and meet other leaders in our community. In fact, we have a new leadership training program planned for next year that is certain to benefit each individual board member, as well as the entire association.
If you are interested in helping guide the neighborhood association as a new board member, please review the attached letter and enclosures and send a filled-out copy of the candidate information form to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to serving with you!
Statesman Journal Article (9/08)
Most Recent Minutes
Interested in serving on the Board? Click here for more information. Click here for the Board Candidate Information Form.
West Keizer Neighborhood Association
Click here for a map
The 2009 WKNA boundaries are north: Chemawa Road, south: Keizer city limits, east: River Road, and west: Willamette River. It also encompasses over 3,000 homes and includes all land within the city limits of that area. This Neighborhood Association meets the second Thursday of every month at the Keizer Civic Center at 7 p.m.
West Keizer Neighborhood Association Mission Statement
The West Keizer Neighborhood Association is a neighborhood association recognized by the City of Keizer that serves the people of West Keizer. Its boundaries extend north to Chemawa Road, east to River Road, south to the Keizer city limits, and west to the Willamette River. Its mission is to:
* Promote programs, services, and activities aimed at encouraging connections among neighbors in the community.
* Foster civic involvement and civic education by providing timely information about community and civic issues, by facilitating the discussion of these issues, and by helping members become more informed and responsible citizens.
* Solicit input from members and stakeholders about issues that affect them.
* Support neighborhood-friendly development practices.
* Protect public spaces and historical assets.
* Address public safety and public nuisance concerns of members.
* Act as a vehicle to communicate the concerns of members and advocate for their best interests to the Keizer City Council, to City staff, and to other government agencies; and
* Work to improve the quality of life for those who live, work, and play in West Keizer.
2013 Annual Report
Most Recent Minutes
Most Recent Board Minutes