For minutes and agendas click here.
The Commission serves in an advisory capacity to the City Council. The Commission provides strategic planning recommendations regarding the economic development of the City in order to:
- Establish a network of communications between resources and talents within the City,
- Identify, address, and use the resources and talents of the community in the pursuit of job creation and retention,
- Create outreach efforts to target-industries, and local businesses
- Create development incentives,
- Remedy regulatory barriers to jobs.
The Commission also advises the City Council on such things as recommendations on cost/benefit analysis of Growth Boundary issues pertaining to employment lands, and to make recommendations to the Urban Renewal Agency on the disposition of Urban Renewal assets from the perspective of job creation/retention. The Commission makes an annual report to the City Council/Urban Renewal Agency on the status of their efforts and anticipated work. The Commission evaluates the effectiveness of past efforts and make recommendations to City Council/Urban Renewal Agency regarding the continuation or implementation of actions and makes recommendations to appropriate governing bodies on how to address and influence the creation and/or retention of jobs. The Commission schedules an annual Economic Development Asset field evaluation to become familiar with the physical attributes of properties, vacant buildings and redevelopment potentials with the City Council/Urban Renewal Agency.
The Commission meets quarterly and makes recommendations to the City Council on matters of policy and trends.