|Urban Chicken Permit Application|
As of September 15, 2011 chickens are allowed in the City of Keizer subject to the following conditions and when an application has been submitted to the City of Keizer Community Development Department:
URBAN CHICKEN PERMIT APPLICATION
- Chickens shall only be kept upon property occupied by a detached single family dwelling or duplex.
- No more than 3 hens may be kept on any one property.
- The keeping of roosters is prohibited.
- Chickens shall be kept for personal, non-commercial use only. No person shall sell eggs or engage in chicken breeding or fertilizer production for commercial purposes.
- A chicken coop is required.
- Chickens and chicken coops shall only be located in a side or rear yard.
- Chicken coops shall comply with Accessory Structure requirements in Section 2.313 B, C, D, and F of the Keizer Development Code.
- Chicken coops shall be kept clean, dry, free of noticeable odors, and in good repair.
- Chicken coop shall be setback a minimum 10 feet from adjacent property lines.